A Show of No Show: An Encore Presentation of GPP #1, "Learning to Listen," from 2008 (July 8, 2018)

Grace and I will not be able to get a show up tonight. We just wound up taking on one too many projects at the Potts house this weekend. We will try to let this be a lesson to us about taking on too many things. But the lesson probably won’t stick all that well, as it never has before.

Since I don’t have anything new to share, it occurred to me that I could share something old. So here is an encore presentation of the very first episode of my old Potts House General Purpose Podcast, “Learning to Listen,” first unleashed upon the world almost ten years ago. This is a show consisting of of audio from my summer vacation in Michigan’s upper peninsula, and thoughts about sound and recording.

I recommend listening to it with a pair of quality headphones, if you have one available. I hope you find it soothing. I think most of us could use some soothing, these days.

You can find the MP3 file here.

The Podcast feed is here.

The Podcast channel on YouTube is here.

This was not my very first podcast—-I first started uploading recordings of public-domain material in 2006. The ones that I think are good enough to remain up are linked to posts in this blog, so poke around there, if you’re of a mind to.

Comments